GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER
With so many environmental benefits, our synthetic turf is naturally a green product. Discover more about how the benefits make it greener than natural grass.
- Saves millions of gallons of water annually
- Eliminates dangerous chemicals, pesticides, and fertilizers
- Eradicates the need for pollution - producing mowing equipment
- Supports U.S. Green Building Council
LEED 2009 NEW CONSTRUCTION AND MAJOR RENOVATIONS
- We Credit 1.1 Water Efficient Landscaping: Reduce by 50%
- We Credit 1.2: Water Efficient Landscaping: No Potable Water Use or No Irrigation (1 Point in addition to WE Credit 1.1)
Materials & Resources
- MR Credit 5.1: Regional Materials: 10% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point)
- MR Credit 5.2: Regional Materials: 20% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point in addition to MR Credit 5.1)
INSTALLING SYNTHETIC TURF IS A POSITIVE MOVE FOR WATER CONSERVATION
Private landscape irrigation is approximated to account for nearly 9 billion gallons of water every day.
In some regions, outdoor water use can add up to 70 percent of Naperville resident's water consumption. Between 30,000 and 70,000 gallons of water annually is consumed to water a 1,000 square foot lawn.
AND IT WILL SAVE MONEY
For a 1,000 square foot job, this can mean a savings of 70,000 gallons per year, or as much as $350 off the water bill, alone. Our residential synthetic turf products are warrantied for 15 years, so throughout the life of the lawn, our customers save about $5,250 in water cost.
The average cost of fertilizers and pesticides for residential properties in Naperville is $0.20 square foot annually. For a 1,000 square foot lawn, that results in savings of $200 annually, or $3000 over the life of the lawn.
ELIMINATE WASTE AND TIME SPENT ON MAINTENANCE
The EPA believes that, typically, 33.2 million tons of yard trimmings were collected annually, the third-largest component of Municipal Solid Waste in landfills. The resident spends 150 hours per year maintaining the lawn. Synthetic grass eliminates that requirement.